35. Launched the 'Project Checkmate volunteer program', through which high school and college students could contribute towards the project.
36. Students participated in the Chessmine Open tournament in Bangalore,India. They got a chance to play against some of the best Indian players. They also got a chance to play in an environment filled with high quality chess matches.
37. Announced new ambassador Kartik Sawhney- change maker for persons with disabilities in the world.
38. Invited as a guest speaker on Radio Udaan- a radio made and run by the disabled community. Spoke on the project in detail on the show.
1.Project Checkmate won the Indian Youth Forum Award 2017 for excellence in Youth Development.
2.Awarded the PHD House Award for exemplary work in the field of social service to children in March, 2017.
3. Hindustan Times Paathshaala Champion of the Day for Project Checkmate.
4. Hindustan Times Paathshaala 'Aaj Kya Sikhaya' Award.
5. Sir Sardar Bhagwant Singh Award for Excellence in Research,2017
IN THE COLLECTIONS OF-
The Better India, June 2016
Scoonews, June 2016
Chessbase India, May 2016
Pearson India appreciating on Twitter, May 2016
India Mantra, July 2016
YourStory, June 2016
SportsCrunch, December 2016
Jaipur Women Blog, December 2016
Chess.com, October 2016
Daily Hunt, June 2016
Hindustan Times, June 2016
GM Abhijeet Gupta met the students in a coaching camp, March 2017
YourStory, March 2017
Follow Your Sport, March 2017
Newsd, March 2017
Sportskeeda, March 2017
Chessbase India, March 2017
Hindustan Times Sport, April 2017
Newsd, April 2017
Harika Dronavalli appreciating on Twitter, April 2017
Chessbase India, April 2017
NAB India, April 2017
8 Cross 8, May 2017
Highonsports.net, May 2017
The Womenz Web, May 2017
Hindustan Times Paathshaala, May 2017
LV Prasad Eye Institute May 2017 Newsletter
Katha India, May 2017
Play Magnus and Magnus Trainer sponsored a chess educational set for the project, June 2017
Youth Ki Awaaz, June 2017
Viral Indian Diary, August 2017
1. Teaching digital media skills to girls at Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled,New Delhi.
2. Dry waste collection for helping disabled women earn their livelihood by creating recyclable products.
3. Women Sanitation Research and work in this field with a few local NGOS.
4. Physical fitness programs for the development of young children.
5. Art and craft activities to hone young children's motor skills.